Sunday 10 May 2015

Regular Art Journaling with Kate Crane - May

Hi everyone!!
We had a wonderful time today at our regular art journaling workshop with Kate Crane at AFTH.
This month Kate wanted to show us how to use repeating images and how to make them work on our journal pages!!
This was my first page - love this butterfly which is off Tim Holtz - 'Perspective' stamp set (think I might have to add this set to my ever growing wish list!!).
We made a lovely painty background with Dylusions and Amsterdam paints and then coloured in our chosen images with whatever we chose - in my case I used Dylusions inks and Prismacolour pencils with a little bit of Stickles to add some bling!!
Its not quite finished as I want to add a bit more doodling and shadows but I love how bold it looks with these large butterfly's!!!  I wasn't sure that I could get it to would work with such a big focal image but with Kate's great tuition I managed to pull it all together!!
As one of my friends pointed out - its not Grungy!!!! lol - miracle! as most of my work recently seems to end up looking rather grungy!!!


I did several more backgrounds in the afternoon (finger painting was fun!!) and started colouring some more images to do a different format of the repeating images but I ran out of time - how rude they made us go home at home time!! lol!!
I hope you all get a chance to try something new this month - how about having a go at your own repeating images!!
Happy creating everyone!! 
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x