Friday 8 May 2015

April Calendar Journal Page

Hi everyone I know its May and I'm only just posting Aprils calendar journal page but as always time got away from me lol!!
For those of you who follow my Calendar journal page blogs  you will also notice that there hasn't been a post for March - well for the first time in over 3 years I to just accept that I wasn't going to be able to do one for March.  It really bugged me but sometime you just have to accept that's its just not going to happen and move on.  
So I did get April done and only a few days into the month.  I still haven't got Mays done and I probably wont until next week but never mind I have just done a great weekend of workshops so I have a good excuse for not having it done!

I have been struggling with my MOJO at home - don't seem to have the same problem when I attend my regular workshops but I guess that's because someone is guiding you through the project, where as at home you have to come up with it yourself.
I think this struggle is one of the reasons that I didn't get March done (well I did eventually get a background layed down but that's about it! I am hoping to go back and finish it but I think that might be wishful thinking lol)
So because my head was in a bad place getting April done was a  bit of an up hill slog!!

So when I finally did get started I put some gesso on my page and then splattered and sprayed on some inks and some mica sprays and used a straw to blow the colours around to create the dribbles.
Then I used Dylusions black paint and an ink blending tool and created the black circles for the day spaces.  I finished them off by adding an outline in Stickles.
So my focal point I used Tim Holtz Bird crazy stamps and stamped out 2 of the birds onto card and coloured them in using inktense pencils and a water brush.

I used an Andy Skinner stamp to create a branch for the birds to stand on and then I glued them down.
I had some alphabet letters cut out of chip board to I covered them in sand texture paste and let it dry.  Then I painted them to make them look like rusty metal.
The final touches were added with a quote out of Tim Holtz's 'small talk' quotes stickers and I blended round the edge of the page with rusty hinge and spiced marmalade distress ink pads to warm the colours up a bit.
I think in all the time I have been doing the calendar journal pages this is the second hardest to do!!
I did end up liking the background and the birds but wasn't so keen on how the day spaces turned out.  However by the time I wrote on the black in white pen it looked a bit better.
Still I live and learn and hope that I get my MOJO back really soon! 
May page here I come Lol!
wish me luck!!
Have a great month!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x