Wednesday 11 September 2013

Small colour block journal page

Hi folks hope all is well in your world and that you are managing to find some creative time for yourselves.  I've found a little but not as much as my creative side would like.  So I have been finishing off some pages which have been in the making since I started journalling 3 years ago this month!! cant believe its been that long - also cant believe the changes that I have gone thorough in that time.
Anyway on with the page!


Rather different than anything else that I have done.  
I came across the nearly completed page recently and decided to add a few finishing touches.  I was going to doodle patterns in all the coloured areas but after I had filled in 2 of them I decided that I liked it the way it was and just left it.
So I scribbled a random pencil line over the page then painted in each shape in different colours.  
I then had a look to see if I could see anything in the shapes and these 2 figures popped out LOL.  
So I did some shading and highlights in each section and used a dark pencil to outline the main shapes.
Then drew in the features and did a little writing. With the addition of some doodling it was done.  I had thought of putting a quote on it but I keep looking at it and just think its fine the way it is.
Anyway I hope you have a chance to have a go at this yourself - its fun to do and took me back to my childhood.
Have a great week!
xxxhugsxxx

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x