Monday 8 July 2013

July Calendar Journal Page - Late!

Hi folks - sorry I haven't been posting much lately time seems to be slipping away from me at an ever increasing rate!!! I'm sure you all know the feeling!!
Had a struggle getting July's calendar page done as haven't seemed to have any time so have tried to do it in dribs and drabs with limited resources where ever I am. 
So this is what I ended up with!


Background done with the ever present Dylusions inks with some mica/ink mix splattered on!  So I had the background done for a while it was the rest that sometime to finish.  10 minute blocks don't get you much further forward I've found!  LOL
So using my favourite black pen of the minute I drew in the squares but unfortunately was very tired at the time so as you can see they went a bit wonky.  Never mind wonky is good!!!  I then scribbled in  the title and the quote.  
Next I used some some pastels (a frequently overlooked tin which I have had for ever - but will be using more in the future!) to add some additional colour, shadows and highlights and it was finished.
Probably only took about an hour in total but seemed to go on for weeks!!!
Now have to catch up filling it in!!!! 
Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine!!!!
Hugs xxxxx

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x