Friday 26 April 2013

Playing with new stuff!!!

Hi guys - well day 5 - I think I actually might manage to blog for the 7 days in a row after all.  I wasn't sure I would be able to do it but thought it was worth a try.
So today I decided to do a page in one of my smaller journals just for a change, also I decided to do the background as well rather than use an already made one - as a treat for keeping up with blogging this week. lol!
So I thought I would also trying using things I have never used before, so this is what I did.
I put some Gesso on the background using a splodger (or in my case an old gift card as it was handy) so that the gesso went on unevenly to give me some texture.  While I had it out I did several pages in other journals as well.  Why not when you have the stuff out anyway.
A couple of weeks ago I bought 3 Adirondak re inkers to do a project by Dina Wakely (still haven't got round to that one) and I thought I would try them on this background.  So I put a little drop of each colour on the top of the page (because it is a re inker the colour is very intense) and used the gift card to spread it down the page.  Then I splattered and sprayed it with water to get the colours running.  


The photograph doesnt really do it justice
I was going to do some more work on the background to build up the layers, but I liked it so much I left it as it was.
Stamped with a Kaisercraft stamp and put on the quote I saw this morning and liked and it was as simple as that.  Probably one of the quickest pages I've done.
I really like the effect of the background done like this so think I might have to go back and play around with it some more.
Hope its given you some ideas.
Happy playing!!
x HUGZ x


1 comment:

  1. love this page Donna. Sometimes simple really works. Am going to borrow this quote for my 'Magic Happens' gratitude journal. That lampost stamp looks huge!!! Thanks for sharing lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x