Sunday 31 March 2013

Another Month Ends!!

Today has been a great day for two reasons - 1. the sun was shining and there was some heat to it!! yeah!!! 2. I actually got some crafting done!
I went to a class at the beginning of the month with Kate Crane - 'drawing in your journal' and as always I enjoyed the day, Kate is a great teacher.  I didn't get my page finished on the day but it is finished now! 

I used a background that I had done in one of my old ledgers a year or more ago where I had wanted to have a play around with texture.  However the paste I had was so old it was solid, but we did have some decorators caulking in the shed so I thought I would give that a try.  I spread it through the bunting stencil with a palette knife and it dried nice and matte.  Once it was dry I sprayed over the ink sprays.  It took the ink very nicely and gave me not only the raised texture but the lovely variation in colour.  I sprayed through some more stencils to give the extra  detail.
So after we had drawn out figures in class I was going to make a background for her to go on, but when I saw her on this one I didn't bother doing a new one.
I think I'm quite pleased with her and really should find the time to do more drawing but like everything else it will get added onto the never ending list of things I want to do more off!!
Wishing all of you a very creative spring - If it ever gets here!!! hee hee.
xxxx Hugs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x