Monday 4 February 2013

Double Trouble!


Hi hope you are all recovered from the snow and now aren't being blown away or flooded!! LOL the joys of British weather!
As I said in an earlier post I have decided to try and finish of some of the many pages and project I started last year and never finished - this was one of them.
I started it in a class at Art From The Heart with the lovely talented Kate Crane, but I managed to mess up the second page and having gone back to it once already and still not managed to sort it, it got abandoned!
I made two pages together and cut and aperture in the front one so that some of the second one would show through!

PAGE ONE


PAGE TWO

The backgounds were created  using Dylusions spray inks and stamps.
With the addition of a  Stampotique monster some perfect pearls paint and a quote the first page was finished.
The second one gave me a headache LOL.  I drew in the steps and it looked all wrong.  So I tried to disguise it with more leaf stamps.  That didn't work either. 
So finally to cover up the mess I made of the stamping I inked some paper and stamped a load of leaf stamps (Designs by Ryn) - Love Ryns stamps!!
Then spent quite a while cutting them out.  
With the addition of a quote, embossing powder on the steps, and a Dylusion border stamp I finally got it to a stage that I liked!!! Third times a charm.
So I hope you like it and that you all have a great week filled with creative fun!!
xxx hugs xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I remember this class! I'm so glad you finally finished your page, it looks fab. The colours are great and you covered up your 'mistake' really really well!
    Have you ever shown your journal pages to Ryn so she can see what you are doing with her stamps? I'm sure she'd love to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Donna, looks amazing! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Hope I am half as good at covering any of my boo-boos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your work is AWESOME! If you hadn`t explained your process noone would ever guess that this wasn`t your first vision for this page. I just love those cute moster stamps and how you used Three Leaves Set! I`ve never seen them bunched together like this. It looks like a jungle! Very creative use of them! Thanks for sharing this with me :) And to Kathryn for suggesting that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant. Love the colours, design, page layouts, stamps. Still not feeling the love for the little guy.

    You rock sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the crazy lady has a blog! LOL
    Love your pages :) Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x