Hi Folks here's another calendar journal page - but there is a bit of a saga behind this one, so I apologise in advance for the long post.
This is the finally finished page!
At the beginning of the month I decided I would do my calendar page for March and make something to enter for an 'Inspired' challenge. I thought if I got started at the beginning of the month I would have no problem getting both of them done!!! Who was I kidding?!?!?
Anyway started on the background for the calendar page and got it done very quickly, but first problem arose - one you have heard from me before - I really REALLY liked it and when I went back to add all the squares I couldn't - so I walked away and left it for a few days, then for a few more!!!
Here's the first background.
By the middle of the month my health decided to take a downward turn but I didn't panic because I knew I still had time!!!
A way to move forward at this point was suggested by my husband, who said - 'do another one, as close to that one as you can make it!! that way it wont be unique and you wont be so precious about it'!!! superb advise. That's what I did!
Here's the second one!
But wait - there's more!!
While doing the second one I thought I would try doing it on a canvas - I said I wanted to do more work with canvas this year and this seemed like an ideal time as I could use all the stuff I already had out on the desk. So I did - but got rather carried away!!
Liked it so much, tried it on some small canvases to make journal covers.
Sanity then set in and I realised I had to get the actual page finished as I still hadn't done anything for the inspiration challenge.
So I tried to finish the page. I couldn't think what to put on it - I had decided the squares I would use but couldn't decided on a feature piece or quote.
Time went by!!
The inspiration hit - I had spent so much time during the month looking at clocks and watches feeling that I didn't have enough time!
So that set the theme.
Only problem was I tried to finish the page on a day when I really wasn't well enough and manage to make a right royal mess of it!!!
So back to the beginning - make another background.
So make the last background and surprise surprise I think I liked it the best out of all I had done!!
It this point I told myself to get a grip and get the page finished. Which I finally did, on the 28th of February!!! So much for my plans of being ahead this month and doing two challenges.
But then I realised that I had managed to do both challenges in one - is this page was inspired by time - or in my case the lack of it so I'm going to add it to the 'inspired' challenge at the 11th hour and hope that its ok.
So a quick run down of the technique used, Dylusion ink sprays, sprayed in sections across the page, quite a lot - it was very wet. Tilling the paper to make the inks run into each other and occasionally blowing through a straw to help it along!! Then splatters of gold mica spray. I then added some rock salt and let it all dry naturally.
The up side of this rather long saga i,s I now have 1 12 x 12 page, 1 large canvas and 3 sets of small canvases to use on other projects. And I will probably cannibalise the remains of the first version of this page as I still like the background!! LOL I never throw anything away!!
As for the finished page - I think the writting takes over a bit but I will write in the square with a white pen and that will balance it out nicely!
Well if you have managed to stick it out this far and very impressed. Hope you have a go at this one - its really quick but WARNING very addictive!!!
Have a great month!
Xxxx hugz xxxX