Thursday 3 January 2013

First calendar page of 2013

Happy New Year everyone - hope the year has started out well for you.
Much to my surprise I managed to find a little bit of time in the last couple of days to get some making done, so decided my first priority was getting my January calendar page done.
As I am not at home I don't have access to my normal supplies, so this has had quite an impact on what I have made.
Its very different from anything else I have done and I'm not ever sure I like it, but that just means I will look at it as a work in progress.


Unfortunately this isn't a great photograph so a lot of the details doesn't show up.  I still want to do a few more things to it but that will have to wait until I get home.
When I started I was in a very grungy frame of mind and was thinking of doing a quite dark page but decided that I needed to lighten my mood a bit - so whats better than some colour therapy!!!
It made the background by blending distress ink pad colours with a blending tool.  I didn't like the results as it was very patch so I shook a hand full of water on the page and that cause a lovely splatter pattern and some of the colours to blend as the ink is water based.
I then used a stencil and the black soot distress ink pad to make the hearts.
The quote I saw just recently and I decided that it was a good one to keep in mind for 2013. 
Some doodling was then added but I do think it will need some bling - which it will get later in the month!!
Have a great month!!!  XXX hugs XXX


2 comments:

  1. Well I like it hun. Great start to 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna, great start to your 2013 calendar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x