Thursday 4 October 2012

Journal class challenge - second page

Ok as promised at the end of my last post I'm going to show you what I did with the lovely she art lady - 'she leaped' (by Christy Tomlinson) which I painted to use on the last challenge page - but didn't!!
She was so pretty (I don't do pretty so much) but she didn't sit well on the dark colours of the last page so I went hunting for a home for her!!  
Fortunately in my journal I found a clean up page which suited her down to the ground!!  (This is one of the joys of cleaning up in your journal - as well as not wasting any ink of paint LOL).
Unlike the last page she just pretty much put herself together in a matter minutes - love when this happens!


I used several of the new Stampotique stamps to add additional detail to the background, some stickles to add some bling to the stringed lights and printed off the quote 'Take time to reflect, be ok with where you are even if you know you want to change'.
So 2 totally different pages from the same challenge - I love it!!  Thanks for the challenge Dy! 
One final note - about this old journal I use, its such a different size from the ones that I normally use it makes you design your pages in totally different ways and is also really nice if it's one that's been used as leaving the background thin enough allows the writing to show threw and automatically gives you an additional layer to your page!
  So if you fancy a challenge - try doing a journal on a long thin page for a change and see what yours turns out like.
Have a great weekend!
xxx hugz xxx


3 comments:

  1. I love this ! she does have some sweet paper dolls to play with. The colours you used are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fabulous page Donna
    I love everything about it
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous page, love all those colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x