Monday 10 September 2012

Serenity!!

Just a quick post tonight - I have been trying to make myself use my own hand writing more in my journals rather than always resorting to something else!!!


I did the background over a year ago but loved it too much!!! Note - don't fall in love with your backgrounds because its then a nightmare to have to cover it up!  I have gone to this page so many times to use it and ended up stroking it lovingly then moving on to another page.
Finally I thought just practising my large writing wouldn't cover up too much of my beloved background so it finally got used!! yeah!!
I used paints, inks and gesso for the background - 2 of the lovely Dyan's Dylusions  border stamps and I cheated with an image of on old childhood friend Eeyore!  Of course Eeyore was never into 'serenity', gloominess was more his thing, but some how he just looked at home on this page.  Im still trying for Serenity but I think it might take me a while to achieve, but I keep trying!!
Wishing you all a creative, serene week!
HUGZ x

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Donna and I think eeyore works perfectly lol Susiesu xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice! Your handwriting is beautiful. Love the doodles too! I know exactly what you mean about making a background that you love too much to cover. I just made one yesterday.............waiting for the perfect quote for it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful.
    As is your handwriting !!!
    Keep going !
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super background paper you have made there and loved your video on CC101! I watched it then I played it again whilst I was having fun spraying but I have not had chance to use the backgrounds yet but I have a plan for one of my favourite sheets! Thanks!!
    Love Eeyore!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x