Sunday 23 September 2012

Drawing!! EEK!! in my journal!

Ok, as a child I use to love to draw, but as with most things, as you get older the confidence and freedom you feel to do these things slowly disappears.  But thanks to the very talented, and patient Kate Crane who taught a class at Art From The Heart at the weekend I actually managed to draw straight into my journal and ended up with an image which I was really pleased with.  
So, Human she's not, but I have to say I'm quietly pleased with my tranquil alien!!  
Realistic she's not but she is an encouraging place to start - and hopefully thanks to her I will have the nerve to start doing more drawing in my journal.


The background was done with golden paints and ranger paint dabbers as was most of the face.  I added some random stamping to the background with distress ink pads and added a bit of shading to the edge of the page as well with a blending tool.  Random quote came from an old book page.  A lovely new stamp from Stampotique added the border and the final touch was  a few drops of crystal stickles for the bling factor!!
Hope you all have a creative tranquil week.  Take care
xxxx HUGZ xxxx

10 comments:

  1. OOh, Donna, she looks fabulous!! Great work :-)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great start Donna and it looks fab. Glad you enjoyed the workshop and went straight in and just did it. Good work. I have just found your blog and am now your newest follower.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Alien Lady.. she is so beautiful... Many Congratulations to have the nerve to draw direct to page...... That is still a huge No-No for me! :-) Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is fabulous...great start. Have fun, and can't wait to see more! I am like you, as a child I was always drawing. Then life got in the way, no art school, so I gave it up. What a silly girl! So glad to have found my way back...it is great therapy for me....at 59 I am doing something that makes me feel like a kid again and believe in my abilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon isnt it a shame that we stop doing things we love because we let life get in the way - but wonderful that we have found our way back!! Im so glad you are having fun and believing in yourself again, its never to late and Like you I'm loving being a kid again. Keep doing what makes you smile - best therapy there is!! x

      Delete
  5. I think this is super Donna.... well done for sorting out the blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I, too, found my inner artist again later in life and now making up for lost time. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Donna, I love the girly feel of it and the shading on the face is very good. It's gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna your drawing is great, have you done any in your journals before or just took the plunge after Kate's workshop? I want to do this workshop was away last week, so hoping its going to be run again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing drawing - well done - the expression is such you are dying to know what she is thinking - mona lisa 2!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x